1080p televisions are a must have for those who want one of a kind experience of watching a sport event or a movie.
Meaning of 1080p:
The highest resolution format that is currently available in the market is 1080p. It offers you the best picture quality. In the term ‘1080p’, 1080 stands for 1,080 lines of vertical resolution while ‘p’ stands for progressive scan. 1080p is equal to 1920X1080 pixels. This is referred to as ultra HD or true HD.
Availability of 1080 Progressive Scan HD:
The 1080p format is available with the following devices and transmitters:
• Broadcasts: In the United States, only some channels of satellite service use 1080p format till date.
• Blu-ray or High Definition Movies: All Blu-Ray discs can now hold movies that are of 1080p High Definition content. When these Blu-Ray discs are connected to the 1080p televisions, they produce 1080p HD
• Internet: Some videos have been released on the Internet in the 1080p format like: Apple QuickTime Trailers, You Tube videos etc. You can even experience smooth streaming of videos with Microsoft
• Televisions and Projectors: 1080p televisions come in format like: plasma and LCD. 1080p resolutions are even supported by DLP rear and front projections.
• Computer Monitors: 1080p resolutions are supported by some modern widescreen CRT (Cathode Ray Tube) and widescreen LCD (Liquid Crystal Display).
• Video Game Consoles: All the modern video game consoles like: Sony’s Play Station, Xbox 360 support 1080p HD content.
The True Cost of 1080 Progessive Scan HD Televisions:
As this is a new technology, there is a difference of around $1000 between 1080p televisions [http://1080ptelevisions.net] and 1080i televisions. This format is being supported by various devices; however, it is not the standard resolution format as of now. The margin of $1000 would reduce significantly in some years with the standardization of display with 1080p format televisions [http://1080ptelevisions.net/buying-tips-for-1080p-televisions/].